Every employer strives to hire the best workforce. One, you want a productive group of employees to deliver results, regardless of industry, and secondly, a worker who not only fails to deliver but drags the company down as well could result in a negative hiring lawsuit.
In response, it’s no longer a sound idea to hire an individual strictly based on his or her word and a handshake – or even a stellar resume. Instead, background checks occupy a key part of the application process, after multiple rounds of interviews and before a definite decision. For your Texas company to get the best return on its investment, adding this step can be the difference between bringing on board someone who will steal, lower morale, and negatively impact productivity and someone who will take your team up to the next level.
Background Screening Services
Working with Data Check offers access to the most essential aspects of screening applicants. Depending upon the goals of your Texas-based business, this could be:
- Reviewing someone’s comprehensive employment history: Is their resume accurate, or is it missing a few key pieces? Rather than investigate and guess on your own, have Data Check’s team research the potential hire’s full background.
- Reviewing criminal records from both state and national databases. Know off the bat if this individual is being honest, or if he or she is hiding a few major details.
- Social Security Number identification ensures that the applicant is who he or she claims to be.
- Credit report checks help you determine if this hire is financially responsible.
- Education history checks show that he or she completed that bachelor’s or master’s program according to the date listed on the resume.
- Driving record checks further give you insight into a potential employee’s responsibility – especially if that person will eventually be driving a company car or delivery van with your brand on it.
- Reviewing sex offender registries
- Requesting drug-testing services in house or through a lab.
Why go through the expense of hiring someone, paying them for a few months, and then taking the hit when he or she embezzles company funds, steals merchandise, or damages your reputation? Get it right the first time with Data Check. To learn about what we can do or to request a background check for your Texas business, fill out a quote form today.